Client Services Supervisor (CSS)SupervisorCO, Denver, Denver OfficeSUP-18-00201
Supervises and directs a minimum of 5 Payroll Specialists in the provision of Paychex payroll services to clients. Provides leadership and technical advice on multiple product lines in order to resolve problems. Establishes and maintains positive image with clients and Payroll Specialists. May act in the role of the Branch Recruiter.
- Assists the Branch Manager with development of branch goals and improvement strategies to achieve branch operational objectives.
- Supervises and schedules staff; assigns, directs, and checks the work of assigned personnel to ensure quality client service.
- Provides technical expertise on multiple product lines to resolve client concerns and Paychex policy or procedural issues. Collaborates with Regional and Corporate personnel to identify and resolve system problems.
- Establishes and maintains a positive, professional relationship with clients and CPAs. Contacts local bank personnel and tax agencies as needed. Fosters a cohesive relationship between Sales and Operations to maintain a unified approach to branch management.
- Makes hiring recommendations and evaluates performance; recommends merit increases, promotion or termination, and disciplinary action to maximize team/branch performance. May act independently of Branch Manager.
- Supervises training of personnel; recommends, implements, and monitors on-the-job training and education to further professional advancement of assigned personnel.
- Maintains knowledge of changes in payroll laws and Paychex policies and procedures to further personal professional development. Reviews and recommends system changes to maintain the integrity of the payroll system.
- Acts as the focal point for branch recruiting activities related to sourcing, interviewing, and hiring to ensure that the best possible talent is hired.
- Assists Branch Manager with development of operating budgets, particularly with personnel requirements, to ensure that staff levels are within corporate metrics.
- Makes client visits to resolve issues and review payroll service as needed to insure the branch maintains the highest levels of client retention. Assists Branch Manager to meet revenue and retention goals.
- Plans, coordinates, and organizes quarter- and year-end processes to provide accurate and timely tax documents to clients.
- Monitors data integrity and Specialist workload to ensure an accurate payroll product for the client.
- Acts in place of the Branch Manager in his/her absence to ensure continuity of branch operations and to further develop his/her management skills.
- H.S. Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- 2 years of experience as a Paychex Payroll Specialist
- 2 years of experience in Payroll processing and tax regulations and a strong customer service background Consideration may be given to a candidate with a degree in lieu of experience
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.