Accounts Receivable Operations Specialist IRisk ManagementNY, Rochester, Rochester 225 Kenneth Drive OfficeRIS-19-00001
Under close supervision, performs various financial or accounting duties of moderate complexity.
- Reviews, codes, and enters information into applicable financial system to ensure accurate sub-ledger data feeds to the general ledger.
- Provides first level response to all inquiries via email, mail, and phone in accordance with department policy to ensure quality service standards are met.
- Researches, reconciles, and analyzes data within designated group to ensure financial and quality standards are met.
- Generates and provides reports to Supervisor and/or Accounts Receivable Operations Specialist II or III to ensure accuracy of data and compliance with both Paychex policies and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Engages in monthly team and department meetings to ensure continued technical and self-development. Prepares and presents specific topics if requested.
- Verifies the completeness and consistency of accounting or financial transactions to ensure that controls and policies are being met.
- Trains new employees and cross-trains existing employees on daily operational functions to ensure that technical skills are transferred consistently.
- Writes and reviews department procedures to ensure procedures are up to date and accurate. Recommends changes if necessary.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting/Business/Finance - Preferred